Monday, July 28, 2008

Another chapter closes...

I was looking through my old diary (yes, I used to keep diary when I was in school), and turned to the last entry I ever made...



Date: 28.6.05


I am going to this uni in Perth. I am going to live all on my own. I am soo excited and at the same time nervous! I am going to start a new journey in life. I just hope that things will go well for me and I would be able to face all the challenges! I still have a lot of shopping to do...


Love,
Shreosi.



I smiled as I read this entry made 3 years ago. Little did I know at that time, my 3 years in Perth was going to be my most memorable experience in my entire life. Living in Perth all on my own has taught me a lot of things and I grew from a shy, unconfident, sheltered 18-yr-old person to a more matured, more confident, more communicative person. I know some people still have doubts about my communication skills but trust me..I am much better than I used to be.

I was blessed with this really good group of friends who accepted me for the way I was and tolerated me for the past 3 years. I was able to share anything and everything with them. We laughed, we cried, we gossiped, we quarreled and then we made up again. They might not know this but they have made an impact in my life. From them I have learnt to open up. From them I have learnt that it is totally alright to voice out my opinions. From them I have learnt fashion. They were always there for me through both my bad and good times and have given me good advises from time to time. From them I have learnt how to have fun. I have also found someone to lean on when times got rough and also showed me how to be truly happy and be positive in times of uncertainty. I want to take this opportunity, through my blog, to thank all of them. I love you guys alot! :)

I met different types of people from different backgrounds with different points of view. It was very hard at first but I slowly learnt to tolerate and broadened my perspectives of certain things. I have learnt to be more independent and now I am proud to say, I am able to rely on myself. Time management was also an issue that I had to tackle.

There were many ups and downs. There were a lot of dramatic moments which I had never experienced till I came to Perth. Though they weren't good moments, it brought some sort of dynamism in my life..which was lacking before. I had a lot of fun too. I went for many parties and did things which I would not have done had I remained at home.

I have officially graduated and now have left Perth for good. Though I feel sad and missing Perth terribly, I would never forget the memories that I have. Living in Perth have changed me into a better person and I am really thankful that I was given this opportunity to study there.

A chapter in my life story closes as I have graduated. But one thing is for sure, I will always always remember this chapter. Since life goes on, another chapter will open soon where I would be entering the workforce...Again, I am both nervous and excited as I begin this new journey through life. I will keep you guys updated on what's going to happen next! :)

1 comment:

pman said...

You have a long way ahead of you and probably hundred more chapters...Hope you enjoy every one of those chapters in this story called life


Keep writing..
Keep blogging..
Keep smiling..

:)