Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Retail therapy...

..A great way to chillax (chill + relax) and totally distress. I know all the girls out there know this already and must be wondering what’s new. What is new is that I hardly do retail therapy. I admit I am a control freak (not stingy). I rarely buy things on impulse. That changed when my friend, whom I met after 10 years, invited me to go shopping with her. I took up on the invitation as I badly needed a boost from my ultra hopeless and boring life and also get away from the problems for a while.

So we met last Saturday and had our lunch first. The lunch, I should add, was pretty good. She introduced me to this place and it is really cool. Really nice decorations and nice ambience. I am definitely going back there again one day. Then she told me there were sale in one of the shopping centres and we hurried there. There were huge discounts on bags, shoes, clothes, u name it! I managed to get permission from my mum (as I am banned from buying things as I have too many) to get a bag once I saw a few bags which I liked. For once, I did not care about the price, well in the sense increased my budget, and got myself a bag! That thrill of letting go for a bit and buying something is totally unexplainable. I was completely happy at that moment. I helped my friend choose a bag also and then we proceeded to the shoes. We went crazy seeing the 70% discounts. Sadly, whichever pairs I liked, they did not have my size. However, it was still fun just checking them out. After that, we checked out other sections and went totally goo-goo ga-ga over some of the things.

After 6 hours of non-stop shopping/window shopping, we decided to stop as our feet were hurting badly. Blame it on the heels. All-in-all I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It did not make my problems go away or dramatically changed my life. But I did realise after so long, my friend and I had similar tastes and had the best 6 hours in a long time. So for all the control freaks out there, let go once in a while…it works wonders!

2 comments:

pman said...

what a way to spend 6 hours!! amazing...looking at shoes and clothes and other interesting things...if thats all it takes to entertain you girls...thats great!!! keep it up!:P

Anonymous said...

i love retail therapy too (: esp when i am stressed!